Like every other blogger worth their salt, here are my musings and round up of the year that was 2017. Some notable highlights include:
- A New Years Day production of Lazarus (aka the David Bowie musical). I still have no idea what the bizarre story line was, but it looked and sounded amazing.
- Went to my first ever ice hockey game (and enjoyed it!)
- Got so devastatingly drunk I ended up in Dagenham (zone 5). I only know this because I woke up the following morning with zero memory of the night before and had to piece it together with texts from the cab company and atm receipts.
- Saw an absolutely fucking epic production of Richard III (in German no less). So fucking good.
- Went to my first ever opera. It would also be my last.
- Met David Tennant!!!!
- Kissed Adam Hills on the cheek. And he gave me a Tim Tam.
- Attempted to get fit again by going to Ballet Barre classes. So, so painful.
- Went to the Moulin Rouge Secret Cinema. It was absolutely fucking incredible. So much fun and a great send off party for me.
- Moved to Canada.
- Went to Seattle, Salt Lake City, New York and Las Vegas
- Worked reception at a sugar factory down by the docks for the month.
- Went white water rafting for the first time ever.
- Hiked to Joffre Lakes. It was hard but beautiful.
- Went to my first open mic poetry night. Also my last.
- Starting taking gig photos again, starting with the John Butler Trio. Also Bonobo, Goldfrapp and Japanese Breakfast.
- Reacted horribly to a jetlag cure tablet and was sick for a whole week.
- Went home for the first time in 2.5 years for a friend’s wedding.
- Started sword fighting classes. Nearly stabbed my instructor in the face.
- Saw The Killers live for the first time ever. AMAZING.
Anyway, thanks for letting ramble. Here’s to 2018, may we not all die in a horrific nuclear attack because some orange-faced moron has no filter.
Listening to: Glenn Miller Orchestra
Watching: The Good Place
Reading: The Deeds of the Disturbed by Elizabeth Peters
Current man-crush: Viggo Mortensen